Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer fun and book meme














The little one and I, have been enjoying our summer so far. We've been playing at the park, going to the library for their summer reading program,(it's all about bugs, cool!) painted rocks to look like vegetables for some garden markers, started painting a birdhouse, and built a volcano. I was expecting a huge eruption of water, baking soda, and vinegar. But as you can see it was more of a ooze. Hubby told us next time to just use the baking soda and vinegar and see how that does. Hopefully that will be more dramatic.


On another note, my friend Laura tagged me for a book meme. The rules are:

1) Pick up the nearest book.
2) open to page 123
3) find the fifth sentence.
4) post the next three sentences.
5) tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.

Dang, I don't know 5 people to tag!!!!

My book is The Animal Dialogues, written by Craig Childs:
Okay here goes...

" He watched. His head moved as if it had the fluid suspension of a gyroscope. The female finally came."

It's about owls.
Really.
I swear.

" This male did not take our mouse. He glided between trees, his voice growing irritated. I had to run out and grab the mouse back because he wouldn't dive for it. He watched. His head moved as if it had the fluid suspension of a gyroscope.The female finally came. I posed the mouse on a broken branch and stood behind a tree, extending the branch from my arms."


I just started this book last night and I only made it to the third short story. Good reading so far and I'm looking forward to reading some more tonight.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a moment there, I wondered what kind of books you were reading, LOL!

And I think that bird house is a work of art. ;) The vinegar and baking soda method will make a lotttt of bubbles. I still remember doing those types of projects with the girls when they were younger. Anything to keep them busy and learning!

Dani said...

That's why I put in the whole paragraph. It sounded so bad with just the sentence.

Anonymous said...

Girl...I don't know you, but I am shocked that you don't have 5 people to send this to.
I look at your pictures and your love of life and your artistic abilities and I think to myself, "This chick has to be the most popular woman in Tampa!"
WOW! I found your blog off of BYC, and it's a pleasure to meet you.
BTW, I live up in Dunnellon, FL. If you ever want to get together and photograph birds, bugs, or even the sky...or have a "chicken" play date, I'm game! :)
~fluffy butts farm

Dani said...

Shannon, what a sweetie you are! You made my day. :)
How many chickens do you have at the fluffy butts farm?
A playdate, could you imagine what people would say? LOL